Apache Commons - Alternative to Java collection
Commons-Collections seek to build upon the JDK classes by providing new interfaces, implementations and utilities.
- Bag interface for collections that have a number of copies of each object
- Buffer interface for collections that have a well defined removal order, like FIFOs
- BidiMap interface for maps that can be looked up from value to key as well and key to value
- MapIterator interface to provide simple and quick iteration over maps
- Type checking decorators to ensure that only instances of a certain type can be added
- Transforming decorators that alter each object as it is added to the collection
- Composite collections that make multiple collections look like one
- Ordered maps and sets that retain the order elements are added in, including an LRU based map
- Identity map that compares objects based on their identity (==) instead of the equals method
- Reference map that allows keys and/or values to be garbage collected under close control
- Many comparator implementations
- Many iterator implementations
- Adapter classes from array and enumerations to collections
- Utilities to test or create typical set-theory properties of collections such as union, intersection, and closure
comments powered by Disqus
CherryMusic is a music streaming server written in python. It helps to stream your own music collection to all your device. It provides support to share playlists with your friends. It has a built-in database, that will index your music. Find your favorite song in an instant. It plays the music inside your PC, smartphone, tablet, toaster or whatever device has a HTML5 compliant browser installed.
Red5 is an Open Source Flash Server written in Java that supports Streaming Video (FLV, F4V, MP4, 3GP), Streaming Audio (MP3, F4A, M4A, AAC), Recording Client Streams (FLV and AVC+AAC in FLV container), Shared Objects, Live Stream Publishing, Remoting Protocols: RTMP, RTMPT, RTMPS, and RTMPE.
The Google Collections Library 1.0 is a set of new collection types, implementations and related goodness for Java 5 and higher, brought to you by Google. It is a natural extension of the Java Collections Framework.
Colt distribution consists of several free Java libraries bundled under one single uniform umbrella. Namely the Colt library, the Jet library, the CoreJava library, and the Concurrent library. It provides support for resizable arrays, dense, sparse matrices, histogramming functionality, Random Number Generators etc.
OpenMobster, is an open source Enterprise Backend for Mobile Apps. It provides a bi-directional data synchronization service for mobile apps to synchronize their locally stored database with Enterprise services in the Cloud such as server apps, CRM, ERP, etc. It supports a platform-agnostic Cloud-initiated Push Notification System. It has framework for creating end-to-end Location Aware Apps.
Mango is a Java library consisting of a number of iterators, algorithms and functions, loosely inspired by the C++ Standard Template Library. It has support of 12 iterators, 16 generic algorithms and variety of function types.
The Google Guava Libraries are a nice set of Java utility classes that will probably come in handy in any project. It provides immutable collections, string manipulation, handling primitives ,easier I/O, concurrency etc. it absolutely follows the Collections API requirements. It has support for murmur hash.
Fastutil extends the Java Collections Framework by providing type-specific maps, sets, lists and queues with a small memory footprint and fast access and insertion. It also provides also big (64-bit) arrays, sets and lists, and fast, practical I/O classes for binary and text files.
Trove provides fast, lightweight implementations of the java.util Collections API. These implementations are designed to be pluggable replacements for their JDK equivalents. This gap in the JDK is often addressed by using the "wrapper" classes (java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Float, etc.) with Object-based collections. For most applications, however, collections which store primitives directly will require less space and yield significant performance gains.
Libvirt is collection of software that provides a convenient way to manage virtual machines and other virtualization functionality, such as storage and network interface management. These software pieces include an API library, a daemon (libvirtd), and a command line utility (virsh). It provides a single way to manage multiple different virtualization providers/hypervisors like Xen, OpenVZ, VirualBox, Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor, VMware.