Eric - Python and Ruby editor and IDE
Eric is a full featured Python and Ruby editor and IDE, written in python. It is based on the cross platform Qt gui toolkit, integrating the highly flexible Scintilla editor control. It is designed to be usable as everdays quick and dirty editor as well as being usable as a professional project management tool integrating many advanced features Python offers the professional coder.
eric4 includes a plugin system, which allows easy extension of the IDE functionality with plugins downloadable from the net. Current stable versions are eric4 based on Qt4 and Python 2 and eric5 based on Python 3 and Qt4.
Its features include:
- Unlimited number of editors
- Configurable window layout
- Configurable syntax hilighting
- Sourcecode autocompletion
- Sourcecode calltips
- Sourcecode folding
- Brace matching
- Error highlighting
- Advanced search functionality including project wide search and replace
- Integrated class browser
- Makro recordings
- Integrated version control interface for Cvs and
Subversion repositories (as plugins)
- Integrated sourcecode documentation system
- Integrated python debugger including support to debug multithreaded applications
- Integrated, full featured Ruby debugger
- Integrated profiling and code coverage support
- Integrated task (todo items) management
- Advanced project management facilities
- Interactive Python shell including syntax hilighting and autocompletion
- Interactive Ruby shell including syntax hilighting and autocompletion
- Integrated rope refactoring tool (as optional plugin)
- Application diagrams
- running external applications from within the IDE
- integrated unittest support
- Cyclops cycles finder support
- Integrated CORBA support based on omniORB
- Integrated interface to cx_freeze (as optional plugin)
- Integrated interface to PyLint (as optional plugin)
- Many integrated wizzards for regex and Qt dialogs (as plugins)
- Localizations. Currently Eric is available in English, German, French, Russian, Czech, Spanish and Turkish.
comments powered by Disqus
PyScripter is a Python Integrated Development Environment (IDE) created with the ambition to become competitive in functionality with commercial Windows-based IDEs available for other languages. Being built in a compiled language is rather snappier than some of the other Python IDEs and provides an extensive blend of features that make it a productive Python development environment.
Kdevelop is a free, open source IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for MS Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD. It is a feature-full, plugin extensible IDE for C/C++ and other programming languages. It is based on KDevPlatform, and the KDE and Qt libraries and is under development since 1998.
Padre is a Perl IDE, an Integrated Development environment, or in other words a text editor that is simple to use for new Perl programmers but also supports large multi-lingual and multi-technology projects.
Aptana Studio harnesses the flexibility of Eclipse and focuses it into a powerful web development engine. It helps to build web applications quickly and easily. It could be downloaded as Eclipse plugin or standalone.
Geany is a small and lightweight Integrated Development Environment. It supports filetypes including C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal. Its basic features include Syntax highlighting, Code folding, Symbol name, auto-completion, Construct completion/snippets, Code navigation etc. Geany is light weight and only requires the GTK2 runtime libraries.
Boa Constructor is a cross platform Python IDE and wxPython GUI Builder. It offers visual frame creation and manipulation, an object inspector, many views on the source like object browsers, inheritance hierarchies, doc string generated html documentation, an advanced debugger and integrated help. Zope support: Object creation and editing. Cut, copy, paste, import and export. Property creation and editing in the Inspector and Python Script debugging.