[GW]ammu - Talk to any phone
Gammu is the name of the project as well as name of command line utility, which you can use to control your phone. Gammu command line utility provides access to wide range of phone features, however support level differs from phone to phone and you might want to check Gammu Phone Database for user experiences with various phones. To name a few, Nokia, Samsung, Apple, Siemens, Motorola, LG, Alcatel are using this product. Its features include:
- Call listing, initiating and handling
- SMS retrieval, backup and sending
- MMS retrieval
- Phonebook listing, export and import (also from standard formats such as vCard)
- Calendar and tasks listing, export and import (also from standard formats such as vCalendar or iCalendar)
- Retrieval of phone and network information
- Access to phone file system (note that some phones work also as USB storage devices and those are not accessible through Gammu)
Wammu is mobile phone manager running on Linux, Windows and possibly other platforms, where libGammu and wxPython works. The communication is made by Gammu library. Currently supported features:
- complete support (can read/edit/delete/copy) for contacts, todo, calendar
- can read/create/save/send/backup smses
- sending files to phone (OBEX and Sony Ericsson phones only)
- sms composer for multi part smses (currently only text and predefined bitmap/sound can be edited)
- display message including pictures and ringtones playback
- support for backup and import in various formats (vCard, vCalendar, vTodo, iCalendar, gammu own backup,...)
- export messages to mail (IMAP4, maildir and mailbox storages are supported)
- searching for phone
- translated into several languages
- rated as best on many software servers
comments powered by Disqus
This library allows you to send SMSes (GSM) from the Java platform. It gives you full control over the SMS including the UDH field so you can create and send EMS messages, WAP push messages and nokia smart messages (picture, ringtone etc). The API can send SMS by using a GSM phone connected to the serial port or via a SMS gateway (like Clickatell).
Kannel is a compact and very powerful open source WAP and SMS gateway, used widely across the globe both for serving trillions of short messages (SMS), WAP Push service indications and mobile internet connectivity.
The SMS Server Tools send and receive short messages through GSM modems or mobile phones. This tool can send short messages by simply storing text files into a special spool directory. The program monitors this directory and sends new files automatically. It also stores received short messages into another directory as text files.
Gnokii is a suite of programs for communicating with mobile phones. It was initially only available for Nokia mobile phones, but later extended to support others. It is available for Linux, BSD unix, Windows and Mac OS X and as source code.
Diolab Web2SMSDescriptionDiolab Web2SMS enables organization to manage their SMS communication effortlessly, with the support of account and quota management, personalized SMS, auto answer, and more! Its web service is based on Gammu and PHP-MySQL, and the user interface is built with Google Web Toolkit. Feature ListSend / Receive Bulk SMS-es Personalized Bulk SMS User access and quota management Phone Book Auto-answer & Auto-script execution Web ServiceGammu for GSM communication JSON as exchan
Kalkun is open source web-based SMS (Short Message Service) management, it use gammu-smsd (part of gammu family) as SMS gateway engine to deliver and retrieve messages from your phone/modem. Kalkun only manage database that given by gammu.
PySMS is a package, written in Python, which communicates with a mobile phone, allowing SMS messages to be sent and received. It includes an XML- RPC server, allowing the resource to be shared across a network. There is also a message - response mechanism, which allows an automatic response to messages to be specified, based on the content of the message. This allows you to, for example, run commands on your server and return a summary of the results to your phone, via SMS.
BitPim is a program that allows you to view and manipulate data on many CDMA phones from LG, Samsung, Sanyo and other manufacturers. This includes the PhoneBook, Calendar, WallPapers, RingTones (functionality varies by phone) and the Filesystem for most Qualcomm CDMA chipset based phones.