playSMS - PHP based SMS Gateway
playSMS is a flexible Web-based Mobile Portal System that it can be made to fit to various services such as an SMS gateway, personal messaging systems, corporate and group communication tools. Its features include:
- Multiple database engine supported (using PHP PEAR DB)
- Send SMS to single mobile phone (web2mobile)
- Send SMS broadcasted to a group of mobile phones (web2mobiles, Bulk SMS)
- Support sending flash and unicode message
- Receive private SMS to Inbox (mobile2web)
- Forward single SMS from mobile to a group of mobile phones (mobile2mobiles)
- SMS autoreply, for easy autoreplying formatted incoming SMS
- SMS board, forward received SMS to email, html and/or xml page
- SMS command, execute server side shell script using SMS
- SMS custom, forward incoming SMS to custom SMS application
- SMS poll, manage polling system using SMS
- SMS quiz, served quizzes on SMS
- SMS subscribe, manage user subscribes to a service using SMS
- SMS autosend, automatically send SMS once or repeated
- Create your own features, themes and gateway modules as a plugin
- Support Gnokii, Kannel, SMS Server Tools or Clickatell
- Simple webservices for sending SMS and retrieving delivery reports (input.php)
- Long SMS support, length of text configurable on config file
- Web-based interface
comments powered by Disqus
This library allows you to send SMSes (GSM) from the Java platform. It gives you full control over the SMS including the UDH field so you can create and send EMS messages, WAP push messages and nokia smart messages (picture, ringtone etc). The API can send SMS by using a GSM phone connected to the serial port or via a SMS gateway (like Clickatell).
Gammu and Wammu provides support to talk to any phone using standard API provided by libGammu. The most popular and widely used in various phones which includes Nokia, Siemens, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Alcatel. It provides support to send and receive SMS and MMS, Calendar, Contacts, backup SMS etc.
Kannel is a compact and very powerful open source WAP and SMS gateway, used widely across the globe both for serving trillions of short messages (SMS), WAP Push service indications and mobile internet connectivity.
The SMS Server Tools send and receive short messages through GSM modems or mobile phones. This tool can send short messages by simply storing text files into a special spool directory. The program monitors this directory and sends new files automatically. It also stores received short messages into another directory as text files.
Gnokii is a suite of programs for communicating with mobile phones. It was initially only available for Nokia mobile phones, but later extended to support others. It is available for Linux, BSD unix, Windows and Mac OS X and as source code.
PySMS is a package, written in Python, which communicates with a mobile phone, allowing SMS messages to be sent and received. It includes an XML- RPC server, allowing the resource to be shared across a network. There is also a message - response mechanism, which allows an automatic response to messages to be specified, based on the content of the message. This allows you to, for example, run commands on your server and return a summary of the results to your phone, via SMS.
The SDK allows any Windows Mobile 5 phone to be used in conjunction with a PC to act as an SMS Server, allowing developers to easily write SMS applications, using just their phone and a PC. Additionally, it provides a collection of samples that among other things, allow non-programmers to use Excel to send bulk SMSs and to build simple information lookup applications. This project is actively developed by Microsoft India Research team.
Zeep Mobile's API lets your web app communicate with your users over SMS. Zeep Mobile makes it easy to manage users' mobile content subscriptions. It also provides support to send and receive SMS. Currently there is support for Ruby and Python.
BitPim is a program that allows you to view and manipulate data on many CDMA phones from LG, Samsung, Sanyo and other manufacturers. This includes the PhoneBook, Calendar, WallPapers, RingTones (functionality varies by phone) and the Filesystem for most Qualcomm CDMA chipset based phones.