PyScripter - Python IDE
PyScripter originally started as a lightweight IDE designed to to serve the purpose of providing a strong scripting solution for Delphi applications, complementing the excellent Python for Delphi (P4D) components. However, and with the encouragement of the P4D creator Morgan Martinez and a few early users, it has now evolved into a full-featured stand- alone Python IDE. It is built in Delphi using P4D and the SynEdit component but is extensible using Python scripts. Being built in a compiled language is rather snappier than some of the other IDEs and provides an extensive blend of features that make it a productive Python development environment.
- Syntax Highlighting Editor
- Unicode based
- Full support for encoded Python source files
- Brace Highlighting
- Python source code utilities ((un)tabify, (un)comment, (un)indent, etc.)
- Code completion and call tips
- Code and debugger hints
- Syntax checking as you type
- Context sensitive help on Python keywords
- Parameterized Code Templates
- Accept files dropped from Explorer
- File change notification
- Converting line breaks (Windows, Unix, Mac)
- Print preview and print syntax highlighted Python code
- Syntax highlighting of HTML, XML and CSS files
- Split view file editing
- Integrated Python Interpreter
- Code Completion
- Call Tips
- Command History
- Execute scripts without saving them
- Integrated Python Debugging
- Remote Python Debugger
- Call Stack
- Variables Window
- Watches Window
- Conditional breakpoints
- Debugger hints
- Post-mortem analysis
- Can run or debug files without first saving them
- Editor Views
- HTML Documentation (pydoc)
- File Explorer
- Easy configuration and browsing of the Python Path
- Integrated Version Control using Tortoise CVS or Tortoise SVN
- Integrated Unit testing
- Automatic generation of tests
- Unit testing GUI
- External Tools (External run and capture output)
- Integration with Python tools such as PyLint, TabNanny, Profile etc.
- Powerful parameter functionality for customized external tool integration
- Other Features
- Code Explorer
- Access to Python manuals through the Help menu
- To Do List
- Find and Replace in Files
- Integrated regular expression testing
- Choice of Python version to run via command line parameters
- Run Python Script externally (highly configurable)
- Find Definition/Find references
- Find definition by clicking and browsing history
- Modern GUI with docked forms and configurable look&feel (themes)
- Persistent configurable IDE options
comments powered by Disqus
Eric is a full featured Python and Ruby editor and IDE, written in python. It is based on the cross platform Qt gui toolkit, integrating the highly flexible Scintilla editor control. It is designed to be usable as everdays quick and dirty editor as well as being usable as a professional project management tool integrating many advanced features Python offers the professional coder.
Padre is a Perl IDE, an Integrated Development environment, or in other words a text editor that is simple to use for new Perl programmers but also supports large multi-lingual and multi-technology projects.
Geany is a small and lightweight Integrated Development Environment. It supports filetypes including C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal. Its basic features include Syntax highlighting, Code folding, Symbol name, auto-completion, Construct completion/snippets, Code navigation etc. Geany is light weight and only requires the GTK2 runtime libraries.
Boa Constructor is a cross platform Python IDE and wxPython GUI Builder. It offers visual frame creation and manipulation, an object inspector, many views on the source like object browsers, inheritance hierarchies, doc string generated html documentation, an advanced debugger and integrated help. Zope support: Object creation and editing. Cut, copy, paste, import and export. Property creation and editing in the Inspector and Python Script debugging.
PIDA is different from other IDEs in that it will use the tools you already have available rather than attempting to reinvent each one. PIDA is written in Python with the PyGTK toolkit, and although is designed to be used to program in any language, PIDA has fancy Python IDE features.
Perl Oasis is a Perl IDE, kind of. It is a code navigator; a POD/source/class/project browser tightly integrated with a text editor. Perl Oasis is not an integrated debugger, nor a window designer. Perl Oasis is useful standalone, but more useful when used with UltraEdit, gVim, EditPlus, or PFE (alpha level support).